dipyridamole and other eye treatments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dipyridamole Discussion

+18
chila11
Olivia B
jewsy
mereditho
zatbn8
John1212
Ayza
MimiP
IIAwareNessII
Andre Pereira
Suzyt
xdip
Teds
Elizabeth15
nubirth
ClaireW
dryeyezone
Admin
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: Dipyridamole Discussion

Post by MimiP Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:17 am

Claire my order is the same! Tracking says it's arrived in Canada two weeks ago and that it's on route, but I know nothing more than that. I'm sure it will arrive but the delay is frustrating.

Thanks for the link, Meredith! I'm so happy to hear that Shira took down the post when you requested it. I have seen the pictures from the trial before, but it's good to see that it's working for others as well. My pings aren't as severe as the befores in the testimonials, so hopefully I'll start seeing results soon! I'll keep you updated.

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by xdip Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:37 am

Are there any plans to release a version with preservatives so it would last more than 2 weeks once opened?

xdip

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:21 am

What about transferring half the bottle into a sterile ey drop container and then freezing the original bottle.
Use the 2nd bottle for the firsy two weeks and then take out the original bottle from the freeze and use it for the next two weeks.

1 bottle could last 1 month.

Afterall....in 2 weeks time you would never use a full bottle.

Any objection?

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:01 am

Just to add to AwareNess comments -

Has anyone else experience delays in their drops order? Mine is going onto three weeks of waiting (working days) so I'm a bit worried and have tried to chase it up with buyldn.com to no avail (although they may reply today!)

Mimi - have you received yours yet?

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:53 am

Not yet. If I don't receive it this week I will contact buyldn as well. I suspect the delay may be due to the postal service or customs though.

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Mimi , just wondering how your eyes are without the drops. Any change in appearance or dryness?

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:35 pm

suzyt, mimip, anyone have thoughts on the freezing idea?

These drops are so expensive and only last two weeks....will anyone be trying this freezing idea? I believe it would maintain sterility.

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 am

Suzy, I have noticed they are a little dryer than they were while I was using the drops, but not much of a change other than that.

I like the idea of freezing the drops to extend their useful period, but I'm not sure how effective it will be. Also, this would allow me to buy multiple bottles at once and not be stuck waiting for for them like I am now. Maybe we should ask Shira if freezing will affect the formula.

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm

That would be great MimiP, would you like me to ask Shira or have you already done so?

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Awareness if you could that would be great! Thanks for coming up with the idea and looking into it.

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by nubirth Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:19 am

Anybody seeing any more results?? Im currently, since i cannot afford the drops right now, in the process of starting a natural treatment protocol. When i have good results, i will post them.

nubirth

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:38 pm

I finally received my second batch of drops, so I'll update my results in a few weeks.

Any word from Shira on freezing them?

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Freezing question answered!

This is what I wrote to BuyLDN:

Comment: Concerning the Dipyridamole Eye Drops:
>
> I'm not looking for medical advice and I understand the sterile condition risk with using my own eye dropper, but what if I were to transfer half the bottle into a sterile eye drop container and then freezing the original bottle. I would like to use the 2nd bottle for the first two weeks and then take out the original bottle from the freezer and use it for the next two weeks or less (if possible). Would this method be possible? Perhaps the contents would or wouldn't maintain sterility under "freezing" conditions (household refrigerator).
>
> I hope you understand why I am seeking advice; The drops are expensive and only last two weeks.

BuyLDN responded with:

Dear Matthew,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. The drops should definitely remain sterile while frozen. What we don’t know is if they remain stable. There is no information in the pharmacological literature on this topic, and carrying out such tests are very expensive. We don’t know if the active ingredients would come out of the solution, during freezing. In such case, you may end up using a suspension rather than a solution. It may not affect efficacy but we don’t have any information to verify this. We don’t believe there are any sterility safety issues involved so long as sterile technique has been followed in doing this.

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Nubirth, I am curious of the natural treatment you are following.

What are you using/taking?

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 am

Hi, just a quick update.
Using drops twice a day now, eyes have been a bit sore and irritated not as good as they were a month ago. No difference visually sometimes eyes can look a bit red and the veins look more red. Pings still the same:(
This could be due to the weather, maybe hay fever is affecting me!!!
I have another 3 weeks of drops so will continue and see what happens.
Any updates from any other users would be grateful, interesting to hear on other people's experiences.

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by nubirth Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:19 pm

IIAwareNessII wrote:Nubirth, I am curious of the natural treatment you are following.

What are you using/taking?

Ive started using lemon juice in distilled water. Organic natural lemon juice, not the store pasteurized kind. What ive been doing is putting 2 or 3 drops of lemon juice into a eyecup of distilled water. I then place a eyedropper into the eyecup and get enough into it to drop 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice into the white part of the eye. I could pour the eyecup into my eye, but i keep wasting it all over the place, lol. ( Its better to pour the whole cup). It stings like you know what for about 10 seconds, then all is fine. Lemon juice is a great antioxidant and is alkaline.  Anyway, ive been doing this about a week. My eyes DO look whiter. Dont know if its my imagination or not. It also gives IMMEDIATE relief to dry eye symptons.

Im going to also start burning herbal oil ( any will do, peppermint, frankincense, etc.) and let the vapors hit my face for about 30 seconds. Ive read that the herbal oils are also good for the eyes, but DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE put herbal oil directly into the eyes. Thats why im gonna just let the vapors cover my face. Do this about 30 seconds. Ive read where some people dilute the oil with olive oil and place it around the eyes to get the same effect, but thats too dangerous because you DO NOT want the oil getting into your eyes. On a side note, keep some olive oil around you and use that and a towel to get any oil that may accidently get into your eyes. The olive oil will wash it out, do not use water.

So, wrapping this up, TWICE daily, im doing the lemon juice and distilled water. Gonna include the herbal oil treatment also. I THINK its gonna work because my eyes appear whiter after a week of doing this. My main objective is to get rid of the pings i have. Again, ill let you know about improvements.

nubirth

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Nubirth, thank you sooo much for your thorough explanation of what you are doing. Really can't thank you enough for the effort in explaining it step by step.
I am very excited to hear back from you and the progress....I know it will take time for results, but I will be probably anxious enough to look on here every day for your progress now : )

6,300 views to this forum....I'm sure I am not the only one interested Wink

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by nubirth Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:36 pm

IIAwareNessII wrote:Nubirth, thank you sooo much for your thorough explanation of what you are doing. Really can't thank you enough for the effort in explaining it step by step.
I am very excited to hear back from you and the progress....I know it will take time for results, but I will be probably anxious enough to look on here every day for your progress now : )

6,300 views to this forum....I'm sure I am not the only one interested Wink

No problem. I will keep you up to date.

nubirth

Back to top Go down

Post by jewsy Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:02 am

I have been researching for months about my eye condition and just came across this webpage today.  My condition stems from the overuse of vasoconstrictor eyedrops which has left me with both swollen conjunctival veins in the corners of my eyes as well as tortuous veins that descend from the top and rise from the bottom of my eyeballs.  I used the drops for around 5 years and multiple times daily at the end of those five years.  It has now been almost a year since I have discontinued use of the drop but I still suffer from dryness and redness.

This picture is on a not so bad day and shows not the tortuous veins but the swollen conjunctival veins (These move when the conjunctiva is touched and the others do not). Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 4 2dwghhd

Anyways, I am curious if anyone who is currently in trial with this medicine has a similar case to mine?  I realize most of you have actual eye diseases that may have been exacerbated by vasoconstrictors, but is there anyone here who's problems were caused solely by vasoconstrictors and has the dipy had any positive effects?

* On a side note, the reason I overused vasoconstrictors so much to begin with was my pot smoking habit.  Please keep your opinions and beliefs on  the matter of right/wrong to yourself, but I have an interesting theory to share.  Vasoconstrictors fight the blood vessel dilating effects of marijuana.  It has been my hope and prayer that the lowered ocular pressure from marijuana (eye redness) could help reverse the damage done by vasoconstrictor eyedrops.  So far I have seen no improvement with this treatment, however I am interested now to find that dipyridamole may in fact work in the same way that I had hoped marijuana would.

I look forward to and appreciate any and all feedback.

Best,
Ryan

Last edited by jewsy on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjust image)

jewsy

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 am

Hi ryan,

My case is fairly similar to yours - I abused OTC eye drops in a bid to get rid of my dark veins (the cause was blepharitis but it never got diagnosed until many months down the line). Abusing the drops caused my eyes to look constantly inflamed, I spent months going cold turkey from the drops - doing warm compresses, eye scrubs and vitamins - but they only looked marginally better.

I started using the dipyridamole drops 5 months back, and I can honestly say it's really helped clear up some of the redness. To not repeat myself just read through the posts I placed on here (my pics are there too).

Vasoconstrictors may help temporarily at thinning the veins but it follows with a rebound effect that makes the veins expand more afterwards, causing them to be redder. Dipyridamole works in reverse as a vasodilator - it expands the vessels which actually then causes them to shrink (strange how science works hey!)

Also, although my feelings about pot is completely neutral, I would try and stop anything that triggered/triggers dry eyes. Your eyes need a fighting chance!

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by jewsy Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:53 am

Thanks for the reply Claire, I have read all your posts on this and other websites. My only concern is that you seem to be the only success story in contact, aside from the few before and after photos on the drug manufacturers website. I am interested if your results are permanent/if they persist once the drug has been discontinued long term. I am concerned about a rebound whitening effect similar to that of a vasoconstrictors rebound reddening. I'd be interested in your feedback if you do decide to discontinue the drops.

Cheers.

jewsy

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 am

Hi,

I can understand that you need to hear from others and weigh up in your own mind if it's worthwhile trying. I think it's because I've been taking these drops the longest (for many it's early days as they do take a while to take effect) but also because I've made myself so vocal and responsive to others.

I'd just say ask round on here (in some instances as you can see, it has helped with people's dryness) and do some research of your own. Good luck!

P.s - my eyes haven't regressed, they sometimes go up and down like eyes naturally do.

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by nubirth Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:35 am

ClaireW wrote:Hi,

I can understand that you need to hear from others and weigh up in your own mind if it's worthwhile trying. I think it's because I've been taking these drops the longest (for many it's early days as they do take a while to take effect) but also because I've made myself so vocal and responsive to others.

I'd just say ask round on here (in some instances as you can see, it has helped with people's dryness) and do some research of your own. Good luck!

P.s - my eyes haven't regressed, they sometimes go up and down like eyes naturally do.  

Im sensing that there is still no change in your pings and that the drops are not providing permanent good changes to your eyes??

nubirth

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:07 am

No nubirth, I meant my eyes haven't regressed when I've stopped using the drops for short periods of time, on the whole they look - and feel - a lot better, just saying they are prone to bad days like most normal eyes!

Hopefully from my posts it has been taken that these drops have helped me!

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by nubirth Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

ClaireW wrote:No nubirth, I meant my eyes haven't regressed when I've stopped using the drops for short periods of time, on the whole they look - and feel - a lot better, just saying they are prone to bad days like most normal eyes!

Hopefully from my posts it has been taken that these drops have helped me!

thanx for the response.

nubirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum