dipyridamole and other eye treatments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dipyridamole Discussion

+18
chila11
Olivia B
jewsy
mereditho
zatbn8
John1212
Ayza
MimiP
IIAwareNessII
Andre Pereira
Suzyt
xdip
Teds
Elizabeth15
nubirth
ClaireW
dryeyezone
Admin
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dipyridamole Discussion

Post by John1212 Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 am

Hey guys,I was wondering how's everyone eyes with these drops now, people who have ptergium

John1212

Back to top Go down

Post by zatbn8 Fri May 22, 2015 1:08 pm

I began using the drops in January and have now discontinued use for the time being. The reason I stopped using them was cost and lack of effectiveness. A little background, I have pterygium on both eyes. The pterygium extends on to the cornea and causes irregular astigmatism. I began with a formulation that didn't work at all then I was sent a new formulation with citric acid. The second formulation wasn't very effective either. For me the effectiveness of the drops was neither good or bad but I didn't want to keep using the drops for months and months without knowing the potential long term side effects.
I will continue to monitor this forum to see if others are having good results. If so I may try them again. If anybody has questions let me know.

zatbn8

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Fri May 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Zatbn8, how long did you use the drops and how often did you put them in?

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by zatbn8 Fri May 22, 2015 7:27 pm

I used them for about 3 months with a couple breaks here and there. Pretty much every day I applied 2-3 drops. The 2nd formulation with citric acid burned quite a bit when applied.

zatbn8

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Sat May 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Thank you for your response zatbn8

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Sat May 30, 2015 4:01 am

Hi everyone on this forum!

How is everyone getting on with the drops? And, out of interest, how many are you using a day?

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by John1212 Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:36 am

Hey Clare w,got my drops yesterday I got Bilateral ptergium and I can honestly say the dryness has gone down but the eyes are still red ,I use 2 drops a day

John1212

Back to top Go down

Post by xdip Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:51 am

I'm waiting for more trials to be done so I can be sure they are safe. Any one know what is going on with getting these drops approved as a drug by the FDA?

xdip

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi,

John - it's encouraging your eye dryness is going away. It can take a few weeks/months to see visual signs of improvement (so hang on in there!) nothing is guaranteed but just see how you go and don't forget to fill in that survey I posted at the beginning if the thread.

Xdip - The drug dipyridamole had been widely used and approved by the FDA for 50 years, the concentration the drops are using is so low it is considered homeopathic and is why they can be sold to consumers. For more info on trials and approvals you best write to Shira. The Q&A I did with Moshe (posted above) is v insightful - have a read - if you haven't already that is! ; )

Another shoutout to the users of these drops! Please tell us of your experiences! We need to share!

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:37 pm

suzy, Andre, Elizabeth and Mimi - how are you getting on?

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi, I'm using 3 drops per day, 1 in the morning, 1 early evening and 1 before bed. Have been using for over a couple of months now. My eyes are definitely less dry than they were, in the early part of the year they would be so sore throughout the day, so much that is all you can think about !!!!! Now they feel much better I get the odd day when their dry but not like before.
The visual appearance I think are still the same, still have red veins and pings. These haven't changed in size, but haven't got any more or larger!!
I will continue for a while longer, hoping one day there will be a difference:)

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth15 Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:41 am

Claire - my experience is very much the same as Suzy's - my symptoms have diminished but after several months of use, the red veins in my eyes are still as prominent and red as they were prior to starting on the drops.

Suzy - do your eyes sting upon application of the drops? Do you know if you've been using the citric solution?

Elizabeth15

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:58 am

Hi Elizabeth
The drops don't sting when I apply but sometimes can be sore half an hour later then that disappears.
My eyes still look the same, maybe it's worth stopping to see if the dry eye symptoms re-occur!!
Yes I'm using the citric solution drops are yellow in colour.
It's so nice though not to have that dry feeling!!!

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:30 am

Hi again Elizabeth,
Just wondering how many drops you have been applying and how long for? Have you noticed any more veins or are your eyes visually the same as before you started?

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth15 Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:21 am

Hi Suzy
I initially applied 2 drops daily but have since increased my dosage to 6-7 times daily. I'd say my eyes are more or less the same as before I started, although a few veins look as though they've developed slightly (I don't think this is due to the drops though.)

Elizabeth15

Back to top Go down

Post by John1212 Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:30 am

http://dipyridamoleeyedrops.org here's a new site on these drops

John1212

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:42 am

Hi, John
It would be interesting to know how many drops they are using per day? And if their still using!!
Thanks for posting this new site, good to see more positive photos.

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by John1212 Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:56 pm

These are some reviews left on the site by people who are using these.

Testimonials

User P-2 (Pterygium) Day 85: "I can see it [pterygium] shrinking slowly and lately seems to be thinning.”
User P-3 (Pterygium) Day 132: “…I have had a huge improvement, my eyes feel much better now.”
User P-10 (Pinguecula) Day 21: “It really made a difference. My eyes used to look muddy and red. Now they get reddish at night but not as severe as before. When I wake up they r really white and light...”
Day 34: “Redness is gone…”
Day 37: “In the beginning, I felt like my eyes were gonna pop out but now they feel fresh, not dry at all and very comfortable.”
User P-12 (Pinguecula, dry eye, redness) Day 125: “Redness greatly improved. Dry eye vastly improved. My pingueculas seem to have gotten smaller, and rarely inflamed anymore. Overall my eyes feel much better.”
User P-13 (Pinguecula) Day 42: “My pinguecula has appeared to improve slowly...seems smaller. I will continue to use them [the drops] because I have seen some improvement.”
User P-14 (Pterygium) Day 89: "The eye drops are definitely helping and are preventing my eye problems from getting worse. There is less burning/itching/redness in my eyes at the end of the day."
Day 90: “…before I started using the drops - after being outside in the sun all day I would come in at the end of the day and would be using ointment/eye drops /cold compresses to just get some relief as my eyes were burning/itching so much. I am no longer searching for that relief as the eye drops have helped with that a great deal.”
User P-15 (Pterygium) Day 42: “I'm actually seeing a great improvement in the appearance of my eyes, which is wonderful.”
User D-1 (Dry Eye/MGD/Blepharitis/Rebound Redness) Day 101: "Looking back to how they [my eyes] were in January they are 70% better which I'm very grateful about! As you know this condition isn't just the physical but it's a mental battle as well, but I'm feeling more positive in myself so thank you..."
User D-2 (Dry Eye, Blepharitis, Rebound Redness, Pinguecula) Day 21: “I've noticed a significant improvement in looks and comfort.”
Day 84: “Eyes feel more comfortable and visibly less red...I can definitely watch 50 minute TV programs and sleep a lot longer without problems.”
User D-6 (Dry Eye, MGD, Redness) Day 8: “I am having good results with eye drops. I would not be playing video game[s] now if not for them. The best improvement was in the morning. Help with pain and redness. In the first day my eyes turned red and swelled a little. But then it was improving.”
User D-8 (Dry Eye, Pinguecula) Day 38: ”Less dryness throughout the day and I no longer have the gritty, stuck together eyelids feeling in the morning.”

John1212

Back to top Go down

Post by IIAwareNessII Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the information John1212!!!

Wonderful! I'm so happy you found that site. I've searched constantly for information on these drops and never came across that site.

I've been taking these dipy drops for 2 weeks now and I can't report any negative or positive reviews about them yet. Dryness, same, redness same, pinguecula definitely still inflamed.

After the results from others....I will continue to take these, the results over a few months looked very promising for my case.

Thanks again John.

ClaireW, had a email directly from Moshe!, the inventor of these drops! - I will ask her to forward the email to us all. He mentioned 2 drops per day per eye was most effective (less is more). Probably spread apart... 1 in the morning and 1 at night.

-Hopefully ClaireW will respond soon so you don't just take my word for it Smile

IIAwareNessII

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:48 am

Hi,

Yes Moshe has recommended 1 - 2 drops a day, I think this allows time for the rebound progress to take place - which helps your veins shrink in the long run.

So less may well be more! I'm still yet to try this out, waiting on a shipment.

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by mereditho Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi everyone - I have pterygia and used the drops for a couple of months but stopped because the changes I noticed were not worth the price for me right now. I was/am excited at the prospect of a medicine that works. However, I just need to say that I am 99% sure that the testimonial from "user p-15" mentioned in the post above was taken from a private email exchange between shira and myself, without my permission and out of context. It's unlikely that someone with pterygia from Georgia made the same comment I did. I don't know where "day 42" came from. I even said in a later email that my eyes' improvement may have come from not wearing my contact lenses as much while using the drops. Whether or not the drops work, which I hope they do, I think this was very unprofessional on the company's part.

mereditho

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:46 am

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd check in again. I've had to take a break from the drops as I've run out. I ordered more almost 4 weeks ago and am still waiting on them to arrive.... sigh. I'll update on my progress in a few weeks. So far I've only used two bottles and like many others haven't noticed a visible difference but have experienced less dryness. I have been using far more than Moshe recommends (like 6-7 drops a day), so I'll try using 1-2 drops a day and see if that makes any difference.

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by MimiP Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:03 am

mereditho wrote:Hi everyone - I have pterygia and used the drops for a couple of months but stopped because the changes I noticed were not worth the price for me right now. I was/am excited at the prospect of a medicine that works. However, I just need to say that I am 99% sure that the testimonial from "user p-15" mentioned in the post above was taken from a private email exchange between shira and myself, without my permission and out of context. It's unlikely that someone with pterygia from Georgia made the same comment I did.  I don't know where  "day 42" came from. I even said in a later email that my eyes' improvement may have come from not wearing my contact lenses as much while using the drops. Whether or not the drops work, which I hope they do, I think this was very unprofessional on the company's part.

Mereditho, I agree that it's very unprofessional for them to use a private email out of context as a review. Have you written Shira to inquire about this? I know that I was asked to fill out surveys and send photos, but I wouldn't expect my email responses to be used without my permission. It does concern me if they are posting reviews on customer's behalf. Reviews should be written by customers and posted unedited. Any company that is selectively posting "reviews" from private discussions with customers clearly has questionable ethics.

I can't seem to find those testimonials on their website. Can someone please post a link?

Does anyone else see comments from emails they've sent?

MimiP

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:07 am

Hi,

Mimi I'm just wondering if you can track your order? Mine says it's arrived in the UK - but that's as far as I can trace it - and it's been two weeks since. I'm worried about what's taking it so long.

My quote has been used but it hasn't been taken out of context - I said I was happy for them to use any supportive statements I've given and maybe they thought that'd be the same for everyone. I understand about the confidentiality issue and misquotes so I'm sure they'll take it down if asked. X

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by mereditho Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Mimi - Here's the website http://dipyridamoleeyedrops.org/see-the-results/

I wrote Shira and she was understanding that I was uncomfortable with my email content being posted unawares and so they have removed it from the testimonial page. So I'm happy about that!

mereditho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum