dipyridamole and other eye treatments
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dipyridamole Discussion

+18
chila11
Olivia B
jewsy
mereditho
zatbn8
John1212
Ayza
MimiP
IIAwareNessII
Andre Pereira
Suzyt
xdip
Teds
Elizabeth15
nubirth
ClaireW
dryeyezone
Admin
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Dipyridamole Discussion

Post by xdip Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

I believe the drops work by making the eyes red initially, and then the body's rebound response will result in reducing redness. This will only happen if they are used long term (weeks to months). It's pretty much the opposite of Visine drops

xdip

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Xdip - are you using the drops?

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by xdip Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Suzyt wrote:Xdip - are you using the drops?

Not yet since I move around from hotel to hotel due to work and I can not keep the drops refrigerated at all times as it's required.

xdip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird76 Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:42 pm

I started using only one drop a day, and do not have any irritation-yet-, fingers crossed!!!

Bluebird76

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi bluebird 76, I'm glad, hope it continues.
I might start again but 1 a day.
Just wondering what eye problems you have?

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird76 Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi,
Two pings in each eye, bloodshot eyes 24/7, thyroid disease, severe dry eye. I'm 39, female.

Bluebird76

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi bluebird,
I have 1ping in each eye with red veins running to them.
3 dark red squiggly veins. Dry eye (which I find so annoying, one day can be better then the next day not)
This started about 10 months ago.

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird76 Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:33 pm

I can't count how many visible veins I have in each eye, they are all over the pings and leading to and from them as well. My eyes started like this about 20 years ago-it's a long time to deal with the discomfort and rude comments.

Bluebird76

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:54 am

That is a long time to have been struggling with the problems physically and mentally. Ten months has been long enough, it drains you.
Let's hope this could be the answer.
Please keep us informed.

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird76 Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:14 pm

So far so good using 1 drop per day. No irritation now, but I don't want to jinx it. My eyes looked better than normal for a few days since I lowered the dose. Could just be the wet weather. I can't say at this point.

I ordered my second bottle and will keep giving updates.

Bluebird76

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzyt Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:20 am

Hi Bluebird ,
How are your eyes after applying drop?
Do the veins look redder? Has the dryness improved?

Suzyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird76 Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:54 pm

My eyes were looking a little less red for a week, except for today. They have been as red as usual today. Dryness seems the same as before I started the drops.

I can't say yet if they are helping.

Bluebird76

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:00 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not contributing for a while, I just felt like I'd posted enough and have already made my thoughts/progress known. It would be great if those using/reading could speak up as this conversation really helps others.

To the moderator/administrator of this forum (apologies I don't know your name) I know there is someone waiting to be accepted into this conversation if you could add him?

This person has also been in contact with Moshe, researcher of MedInSight on new developments. Here is what he had to say (please be aware this is not my conversation so I cannot answer anything further - I'm just forwarding!)

a)
What do you think is ideal dosage?
I've been using around 6 times a day, with 2 drops per eye each time. I have noticed no ill effects from this and the slight improvement in the condition of my eyes is encouraging.
I have heard from another person using the drops that you said "Less is more", and that actually just one drop, twice a day could actually be more effective. Can you confirm this?

[Moshe Rogosnitzky] I have such an assumption that more is not necessarily better, but we have yet to test this so it remains an assumption (based on presumed mechanistic). Time will tell. We are also working now with an oral formulation and there too – lower dose does what high dose doesn't.

b)
Do you think that Dipyridamole could be more effective at a higher concentration?
[Moshe Rogosnitzky] It may be but I don’t think at very high concentrations. Answer similar to the above. There is a dosage window and we have yet to determine how wide it is.
I know that since it is at Homeopathic levels, that it was faster to bring to market. This implies that it could be more effective at a higher concentration but will take some time to get FDA approval etc...

At what concentration do you think the Dipyridamole would be both safe and effective? eg 10 times the concentration

[Moshe Rogosnitzky] It is impossible to get into solution at 10x the concentration. We are now working on 2 & 4 x the concentration but still in formulation stage.
c)
I've noticed from your blog that you have a paper entitled "Ocular Applications of Dipyridamole: A Review of Indications and Routes of Administration" currently in "press".
When will this paper be available to read?
[Moshe Rogosnitzky] Depends on the journal. Likely to be a few more weeks at least – I don’t know their publishing schedule. It was accepted a month ago.

I believe it will answer a lot of my questions and satisfy my curiosity, especially considering I can be loosely considered a "test subject".
If the paper will take some time to be published, do you think it's possible to email me a copy now?

[Moshe Rogosnitzky] Unfortunately this is not allowed (journal policy) once it has been accepted for publication.

Also, feel free to ask me any questions about my own progress with the treatment and consider me a "test subject" if you wish.

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinOpe Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:55 am

Hi All, I'm new to the forum (UK based) but afflicted with the same symptoms - dry, sore, red eyes; 4x pingueculas; MGD; RK etc.

I have just ordered the dipyridamole and am wondering if it is ok to use in combination with Restasis (currently 1x drop nightly).

LivinOpe

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireW Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:53 am

Hi, I'm afraid I can't answer that. You're best asking MedInSight info@medinsight.org

ClaireW

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinOpe Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:19 am

Thanks for the advice Claire - will do

LivinOpe

Back to top Go down

Post by John1212 Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:21 am

Hi guys,Claire w and anyone else using the drops can you give us any updates on how your doing

John1212

Back to top Go down

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 6 Empty 2 month update

Post by LivinOpe Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:56 am

Hi All, 3 photos, before dipy, 1 month and 2 moth after using drops. My approach has been to use 1 or 2 drops per eye, once in the morning, once at night. However, from time to time I've been putting in extra drops to get relief. I've refrigerated the drops and use 1 bottle per month. The drops do seem to be more effective in the first 1-2 weeks. My assessment is that there has been no significant/noticeable improvement over the 2 months but maybe this is to be expected given the long term chronic condition. On the whole I think the drops have provided a degree of relief in that I am not putting in as many lubricating drops in-between. My eyes however are very much impacted by environmental conditions and the constant burning sensation increases after prolonged exposure to wind (e.g.. golf, skiing) and to computer work.

I am interested to know from others how long it takes to see any improvements, I aim to persevere with the drops for the time being and will report back in 1-2 months time.

I too would like to know how you have been getting on as there is not too much activity on the forum.

Take Care.

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 6 Img_0011

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 6 Img_1318

Dipyridamole Discussion  - Page 6 Img_1321

LivinOpe

Back to top Go down

Post by hsabatka Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:10 pm

LivinOpe,

Thank you for your update and photos! I just joined this discussion. I am 21 years old and have a pytergium on my right eye. I got this from playing tennis outside for many many years without wearing a hat or sunglasses. I hate it and would love to reduce it or make it less noticeable. I reached my cornea and it covering a tiny amount of color. I am very interested in using the eye drops and I am looking forward to hearing more about them. Possibly odering soon and I have read a lot of positive results.

Hayden

hsabatka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum